Maximise Your Savings with these Energy Saving Tips
Choosing to invest in solar power for your home is great for the environment and for your back pocket as well. To maximise your energy savings, it is important to reduce your energy consumption as much as possible, this will mean that your solar power system won’t have to work as hard to power your home and can feed more electricity into the grid. Here are some of our favorite energy saving tips:
- Turn off lights if you’re not using them.
- Set your air conditioner to 25ºC in summer and 18ºC in winter.
- Clean the filter pads on your air conditioner regularly so that it uses less power.
- Install ceiling insulation – ensure you check the minimum rating for your locality.
- Use sun and fresh air to dry your laundry – it’s free!
- Fix leaking hot water taps quickly. 60 drops a minute = 9000 litres of wasted water a year.
- Install a water-saver shower head to cut hot water usage while maintaining water pressure.
- Take shorter showers to save on your hot water bill.
- Ask your energy provider about economy tariff options for your water heater, pool pump and other appliances.
- Turn electrical equipment, that remain on in standby mode, off completely.